Friday, October 16, 2009

hot ... or not???

I'd like to talk about stupid things for a minute. When I'm having a bad day, and complain to someone about it, and they say, "Come on, your life can't be that bad, you're hot!" I think this is a very ill informed person. Everyone is human, and everyone suffers from human interaction. For example, women don't tend to like me much. I'm not sure why, but it happens. So, every once in a while, I am the victim of someone's psychotic break. My neighbor, who is a woman, really hates me. One morning, when I was getting my son ready for school, she came over and decided to have a freak out on my front porch. The day before, I had called the cops on her kids, who were stadium blasting rap music into my bedroom window. She decided to scream at me about this. She proceeded to tell me that I should "move if I didn't like it". I told her that maybe THEY should move, if they wanted to be that loud. This, she did not like. She then put her hand through the screen, trying to punch me, and I closed the door and called the police. She stood in my front yard, screaming obscenities at me, for a good ten minutes. My son hadn't ever heard some of the words she used, and was asking me about it. When the police arrived, she denied everything, and they basically told me that I needed to videotape her next time. Otherwise, nothing they can do. It has been about 9 months since this incident, and I still get threatening phone calls from her, and she yells at me when I drive by. Her teenage daughter also likes to call me a whore when I drive by. I have the video camera ready, and next time I hope she doesn't really hurt me.

So I ask you: How does me being hot help me in this situation? I actually think it may be part of the reason she hates me. She used to be a hot blonde woman, and now she is overweight and clearly unstable. I'm happy and she isn't. People hate others for being happy. Ever noticed that? It's a very strange phenomenon. Be miserable and unattractive, and you are ignored. Be happy and healthy, you are a reminder to others that they are not. How about if we just stop judging others and focus on our own shit? God knows we all have enough.

1 comment:

arevolutionofone said...

Sounds like she's just plain psycho to me and you happened to be within proximity of her rude kids and her.

You can almost, and I mean almost, empathize with her. When you were once hot and you're not, it's got to be hard to deal with. You're used to a life where you get attention and things with ease. It comes to you because of what you look like. Suddenly that's gone and you have to deal with the harsh realities of life. Buying your own drinks at bars. Buying your own fancy dinners. Not being the center of attention.

It's like being rich then suddenly being poor. It feels so unfair. When she's yelling at you, all you have to do is remind yourself of how she must feel and it will help you to not take her anger personally.